Job Opportunity – Driver Training Manager
Reports to: Operations Director
Location: Selwyns Travel Head Office, Cavendish Farm Road, Weston, Runcorn.
Hours of work: Monday – Friday
We are looking to recruit a Driver Training Manager to work as part of the training team of Selwyns. You will be responsible for the delivery of training to all drivers in the Runcorn depot and supporting the Manchester training team when required. You will ensure that all training delivered is up to date and an accurate record is kept of all training.
The Driving Training Manager will be responsible for:
- New applicant driving assessments during interview stage
- Inducting new starters
- Delivery of CPC Course to all drivers at the Runcorn depot
- 30-45 Day Post Qualifying Driving Assessments
- 6 month indirect driving assessments
- 2 yearly Defensive Driving Assessments
- Maintaining Driver Training Records
- Tachograph compliance and de-briefing
- Vehicle allocation enquiries
- Investigation of drivers for failure to complete duties
- Quality Control of Walk Round Check Audits (Covert & Overt)
- Reviewing monthly re-charges from National Express, appealing where necessary
- Issuing staff notices
- Responding to Excellent Essentials Audits carried out on our drivers by National Express
- Keeping all records up to date for annual National Express 8.4 compliance audit
- Development Action Plans for drivers who receive customer complaints
You will ideally have:
- Previous experience
The successful applicant would be expected to:
- Display a good customer service approach
- Be confident and positive of their abilities and approach to clients.
- Be a team worker
- The ability to work under own initiative – coping with tasks unsupervised and working under pressure
To apply for this role, email your CV to our HR Manager firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also call Melissa on 01928 562062 for further details.
Part of the RATP Group of Companies
‘Selwyns Travel is an equal opportunities Company which welcomes applications from all sections of the community’.