Term-Time Schools Drivers
We are currently recruiting experienced PCV Term-Time drivers to join our Sharston depot in Manchester. Selwyns Travel are a well-established bus and coach firm with over 50 years’ experience and are part of the RATP Group who are the world’s fifth largest public transport company.
A term-time Driver only works the same number of school days associated with their school contract, which is usually 38 weeks of the year. For the remaining 14 weeks of the year, the driver is off work. You will receive an attractive enhanced hourly pay rate of £12.31. There will also be the option available to receive your pay on an annualised basis if you wish.
There may also be opportunities to complete infill work in-between schools. When this work is available, you will be paid an additional 6 hours.
Benefits of a Term-Time Driver Role:
- The number of hours per contract are variable but will be a minimum of 25 hours per week
- Enhanced hourly term time rate of £12.31 per hour (option to have annualised pay is available)
- Great work life balance
- Company Uniform
- Cycle to Work Scheme (after qualifying period)
- Company Pension
- Opportunity to meet new people
Requirements of a Term-Time Driver Role:
- PCV Licence and UK Driving Experience is essential
- Driver CPC
- Digital Tachograph Card
- No more than 6 points on your licence
- Enhanced DBS check
- No disqualifications on your licence in relation to Drugs or Alcohol
- Good customer care skills
- Holidays to be taken outside term time only
Apply online by either completing our application form, emailing your CV to email@example.com, by visiting our depot at Sharston or telephoning the HR department on 01928 562062 for further details.