Life is a rollercoaster! Theme Park Coach Day Trips
Looking for a fun day out for all the family this summer? Why not hop on board one of our coach day trips to a theme park!
We have several great days out planned throughout August – here’s a roundup of some of the great rides and attractions you can look forward to at five theme parks!
Alton Towers Coach Trips
- For the thrillseekers: New for 2016, Alton Towers has entered the realm of cutting edge Virtual Reality with their iconic new rollercoaster Galactica. Blast through another dimension, experiencing the wonders of the universe as a space tourist! .
- For the family: Make a splash in the Congo River Rapids, where rushing water will spin and circle you through waterfalls.
- For the little ones: CBeebies Land contains many rides perfect for children. Why not join Captain Barnacles and crew as the Octonauts come to Alton Towers in Octonauts Rollercoaster Adventure!
- Eats & Treats: Alton Tower’s new Rollercoaster Restauraunt is a truly unique experience. Watch you food soar over your head, go in loop-the-loop before spiralling down to your table. Dinner has never been this exciting!
Alton Towers Waterpark Coach Trips
- For the thrillseekers: Got a need for speed? The Master Blaster live up to its name – whizzing you up and town, twisting and turning you around the park!
- For the family: Looking for something a little more relaxing? Take a moment to chill in the Bubbly Wubbly Pool – the steamy outdoor pool, or enjoy the bubbles in Volcano Springs.
- For the little ones: The Little Leak area of the waterpark is the perfect shallow pool for the little ones to paddle and slide around in.
- Eats & Treats: For snacks and drinks, The Original Sandwich Company is perfectly placed right in the middle of the waterpark. Not joining in on the watery fun? Ma Garrita’s Bar in the Splash Landings Hotel does a good cup of tea or coffee, and even cocktails along with their light bites, all in their spectator area.
Blackpool Pleasure Beach Coach Trips
- For the thrillseekers: It’s reputation precedes it, and it’s not hard to see why. Blackpool Pleasure Beach boasts the UK tallest & fastest rollercoaster. At a stomach churning 253ft high and with speeds up to 87mph, are you ready to ride The Big One?
- For the family: It’s not all speed and loops. Pleasure Beach has plenty of family friendly rides. Why not check out Wallace and Gromit’s Thrill-O-Matic – hop inside Wallace’s slippers for stunning scenery and fantastic special effect, taking us through everyone favourite adventures, from A Grand Day Out, to tackling The Curse of the Were Rabbit.
- For the little ones: Nestled within Nickelodeon Land is The Backyardigans Pirate Treasure – sail your ship around the pile of glittering jewels and gold. Arr me hearties!!
- Eats & Treats: Blackpool itself is the land of great fish and chips, but if you want to stay within the park there are plenty of places to eat. The Big Pizza Kitchen serves an all you can eat buffet of freshly made pizzas, pastas and fresh salad, or for something a little different, grab some champagne and seafood at The Oyster Bar.
Drayton Manor Coach Trips
- For the thrillseekers: Once voted ‘Britain’s Scariest Ride by channel five’s The Gadget Show’, Apocalypse is the first stand up drop tower ride in the word, free falling 54 metres in just 4 seconds at speeds of 50 miles per hour! And that’s with no floor beneath your feet! Definitely not for the faint hearted!
- For the family: Yikes! Stick together as you journey through The Haunting – full of ghostly apparitions and petrifying noises…a thrilling and chilling experience you won’t be forgetting in a hurry! Too spooky for you? Did you know that Drayton Manor also has a Zoo, home to over 100 animals from all over the world, including tigers, meerkats and lemurs, as well as a host of birds and creepy crawlies.
- For the little ones: Drayton Manor plays host to Thomas Land™, crammed full of activities and attraction for the children, including Captain’s Sea Adventure, Jeremy Jet’s Flying Academy and Troublesome Trucks Runaway Coaster.
- Eats & Treats: The rainforest themed Safari Pizza and Pasta will make you feel like you are really in the jungle! Or for something a little less wild, enjoy hot and cold snacks and a cuppa at The Tea Shop.
Flamingo Land Coach Trips
- For the thrillseekers: The parks latest coaster, Hero, is an essential white-knuckle experience. Hold on tight as you experience zero gravity climbing the corkscrew and plummeting through turns, drops and inversions.
- For the family: Avast landlubbers! Behold the swashbuckling spectacle of Pirates of Zanzibar, a live show featuring fight scenes and other breathtaking acts.
- For the little ones: Go up, up and away with Helitoys – pick you helicopter and take the controls flying left, right and spinning around, before safely touching back down on the ground. If the kids want to take a grown up along for the ride, then that’s fine!
- Eats & Treats: The Muddy Duck Café brews some perfect blends for coffee addicts, as well as tea, steaming hot chocolate and chilled fruit juice. Meanwhile, The Mansion House & Tea Rooms offer a mouthwatering menu, all set in a beautiful Georgian family home.
Interested in any of these great days out? Book online on our Day Trips site, or alternatively give us a call on 01928 529 036. Our staff will be happy to answer any questions you have!
** Please note, entry to all attractions mentioned above may be subject to the rules of the theme park, such as age or height restriction. It is your own responsibility to check these rules and regulations for yourself.