Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking Statement
Selwyns Travel Ltd recognises that it has a responsibility to take a robust approach to slavery and human trafficking.
Selwyns Travel Ltd are committed to preventing slavery and human trafficking in its activities, and to ensuring that its supply chains are free from slavery and human trafficking. This statement relates to actions and activities during the financial year April 2016 to 31 March 2017.
Selwyns Travel Ltd operates and maintains coaches and buses at two depots in Runcorn and Manchester. The services provided by Selwyns Travel Ltd operate throughout the UK.
Selwyns Travel Ltd are responsible for undertaking due diligence when considering taking on new suppliers and will regularly review its existing suppliers. This may include (but is not limited to):
• Risk assessments to determine which parts of our business and which of our suppliers are most at risk of modern slavery so that efforts can be focused on these areas.
• Engage with our suppliers both to convey to them the content of this statement and to gain an understanding of the measures taken by them to ensure modern slavery and human trafficking is not occurring in their businesses.
• Where appropriate, seek to introduce supplier pre-screening (for example as part of the tender process).
• Introduce contractual provisions for our suppliers to confirm their adherence to this statement and that Selwyns Travel Ltd may audit their activities.
Reporting Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking
The Company’s Whistleblowing Procedure, is intended to provide guidance on how concerns can be communicated to the Company. Concerns about suspected modern slavery and human trafficking associated with the Company or our suppliers may be reported by employees in this manner.
The company’s whistleblowing procedure is designed to make it easy for workers to make disclosures, without fear of retaliation.
Our Effectiveness in Combating Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking
The organisation uses the following key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure how effective we have been to ensure that modern slavery and human trafficking is not taking place in any part of our business or supply chains:
• Review of the existing supply chain.
• Review / develop a system for supply chain verification (if appropriate).
• Frequent communication with the supply chain to gauge their understanding of, and compliance with, this statement.
Communication and Awareness of this Statement
Our zero-tolerance approach to modern slavery and human trafficking will be communicated to relevant stakeholders.
To ensure a high level of understanding of the risks of modern slavery and human trafficking in our supply chains and our business, we provide training to relevant members of staff.
Review of this Statement
This statement is made pursuant to section 54 of the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and constitutes Selwyns Travel Ltd slavery and human trafficking statement for the current financial year. This statement will be reviewed on a regular basis (at least annually) and may be amended from time to time.
This statement will be communicated to all employees of Selwyns Travel Ltd.